OVER 70 HOURS OF INGMAR BERGMAN IN ONE EXKLUSIVE AND LIMITED BOX-SET. LIMITED TO 2000 COPIES ONLY!
36 movies and a one TV-series directed by Ingmar Bergman, six films written by Ingmar Bergman for other directors as well as unique interviews both recent and archival, behind the scenes footage, commercials, trailers and more. All features and bonus material are subtitled in English (with the exception of the 6 films directed by others).
Four booklets (in swedish only) with detailed information about each films, newly written essays about different time periods in Bergman’s creation, unique quotes from his own archive and the original swedish posters for all titles.
Ingmar Bergman is by far our greatest director of all time, both in Sweden and internationally. To celebrate the masters 100th anniversary, Studio S is proud to present, as the first film company in the world, an almost complete collection of his cinematic masterpieces. From the praised ”Torment” which he wrote for Alf Sjöberg through internationally acclaimed works such as ”Wild Strawberries”, ”The Seventh Seal”, his first Academy Award rewarded ”The Virgin Spring”, the controvrersial ”The Silence”, ”Persona” and all the way up to ”Fanny and Alexander” which was awarded with four Academy Awards and which meant a grand finale on a film career that spanned for five decades.
A number of Bergman’s works makes their debut on DVD and the majority of the films released within this box-set are released for the first time with new digitally restored image quality.
DOWNLOAD STILLS + PACKSHOT HERE: https://we.tl/Enlmf7v25w
It Rains on Our Love (1946)
Woman Without a Face (1947)
A Ship Bound for India (1947)
Music in Darkness (1948)
Port of Call (1948)
Three Strange Loves (1949)
PrisonThe Devil’s Wanton (1949)
To Joy (1950)
Summer Interlude (1951)
Secrets of Women (1952)
Summer with Monika (1953)
Sawdust and Tinsel (1953)
A Lesson in Love (1954)
Smiles of a Summer Night (1955)
Last Pair Out (1956)
The Seventh Seal (1957)
Wild Strawberries (1957)
Brink of Life (1958)
The Magician (1958)
The Virgin Spring (1960)
The Devil’s Eye (1960)
The Pleasure Garden (1961)
Through a Glass Darkly (1961)
Winter Light (1963)
The Silence (1963)
All These Women (1964)
Hour of the Wolf (1968)
The Passion of Anna (1969)
The Touch (1971)
Cries and Whispers (1973)
Scenes from a Marriage (1973)
Face to Face (1976)
The Serpent’s Egg (1977)
Autumn Sonata (1978)
From the Life of the Marionettes (1980)
Fanny and Alexander (1982)
* New digital transfer and digitally restored versions on the majority of the 42 movies. New 4K digital restoration on ”The Seventh Seal”.
* 14 introductions by director Ingmar Bergman (shoot 2001).
* 17 newly produced short interviews with Ingmar Bergman, shoot in 2001 by Marie Nyeröd.
* 9 vintage soap commercials by Ingmar Bergman.
* 5 vintage interviews with Ingmar Bergman from The Swedish Television archive.
* 2 of Bergman’s own behind the scenes documentaries from the making of “Autumn Sonata” and “From the Life of the Marionettes” examining every aspect of the production.
* Stig Björkmans movies “Ingmar Bergman” (1971) on the making of “The Touch” as well as “Images from the Playground” (2009) and “…But Film is My Mistress” featuring behind-the-scenes footage shot by Bergman, archival audio interviews with Bergman, and new interviews with actresses Bibi Andersson and Harriet Andersson among others.
* ”Monika: Story of a Bad Girl!”– the American Grindhouse-version of “Summer with Monika”.
* “Hour of the Wolf” meta-cinematic framing with prologue (about 7 minutes) and epilogue (about 1 minute).
* A handful of Swedish and American theatrical trailers.
* Everything, movies and bonus material, subtitled in English (with the exception of the 6 films directed by others).